Welcome to Liv
New space, new complete care experience, big city – we’re sure you have questions.
Here’s what you need to know before your appointment at Liv!
Before you arrive
Click this link and follow the signup instructions to create your Patient Portal account. Once you’ve completed the online registration, this is where you’ll log in to access your health information.
72 hours before your appointment, you will receive a text asking you to complete your digital check-in process. It’s important that you complete this in its entirety prior to arrival to ensure a contactless check-in experience.
We recommend you complete this process on your cell phone so you can upload photos of your ID and insurance card. If you booked a virtual visit, be on the lookout for an email before your scheduled appointment with more information and a link to join the video visit.
You’ll see the charge for your membership fee as an outstanding balance within 30 days of your first appointment.
If you are a new patient, click this link to download our records release form, fill it out, and send it to your current provider to return to our office. This will authorize your provider to release your medical records to your Liv provider.
Put some thought into your individual health goals so you’re ready to talk through them with your provider. At Liv, we don’t believe in a “one-size-fits-all” healthcare approach and are dedicated to helping you set and achieve your personalized goals.
Please do your best to be on time for your appointment. If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late, we ask that you contact our team to reschedule your appointment at another time.
What to bring
- ID card
- Insurance card
Our address is 1443 U St. NW, Washington, DC 20009.
We recommend traveling by foot, bike, scooter, or metro. If you opt to take the metro, we are located just a few blocks away from the U Street/Cardozo metro station, which is on the Green and Yellow lines.
If you prefer driving, there are a few parking options:
- Union Row Garage (2125 14th St, NW, Washington, DC 20009), $10/hour
- Street Parking on U, V, W, 13th, 14th, 15, and 16th St. NW
When you arrive
Kamice will be right inside to confirm your check-in and take your temperature.
Once you’re checked in, have a seat in our living room and make yourself comfortable. Crack open a book from our library and relax on a comfy couch, plug in your laptop to get some work done at a desk, or sit back in a cozy nook for some privacy.
Our space is designed to accommodate your unique tastes and preferences. So don’t be shy – have a look around and choose the experience that’s just right for you!
- As a part of your check-in process, we will be screening for COVID-19 symptoms, previous positive COVID-19 test results, and temperature.
- We are cleaning all common areas and exam rooms based on CDC guidelines.
- Anyone who enters the Liv space will be required to wear a mask. Please refer to this guide by the CDC for acceptable mask types.
- Our team members have full access to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- We will ensure social distancing in the waiting area and will text patients who opt to wait outside when they’re ready to be seen.
- Virtual appointments are available for certain appointment types.
We know that’s a lot to take in, so if you have additional questions, you can email us at [email protected]. We look forward to welcoming you to the Liv community at your visit!